Christmas is coming! If you’re having a tough time coming up with gift ideas for your colleagues, friends or family, don’t worry because we’ve got you covered! If you’ve ever been in the unfortunate situation where you need to get a last minute present, be it due to time and/or money constraints, here are some meaningful gifts you can get easily:
Candles are always the perfect gift for women, whether they are a stay-at-home mom or a college student staying at a dorm.
They instil a sense of comfortability and cosiness in any room, especially with Yankee Candles’ scented ones! Yankee Candles have also just released their new festive fragrances including Frosty Gingerbread, Glittering Star, Icy-Blue Spruce and many more! Click here to browse at them!
Many may think that books are impersonal, however, books are an evergreen gift for any occasion. Whether it’s a birthday, Valentine’s Day or Christmas, getting a book that you know your loved one will like shows that you took your time and their preferences into consideration.
A book would be a great present for those who love to read! Pick out a few titles, depending on the person you are planning to give it to and ask their friends for their opinions before deciding on the book you will get.
Christmas is at the end of the year, it would be the perfect time to give journals, planners or calendars as presents. Many people like to reflect or make up resolutions for the upcoming year.
Typo sells quirkily themed notebooks from Disney Diaries to recipe journals!
4. Gift Vouchers
This is the absolute easiest thing to get your hands on Christmas that everyone will love! Who doesn’t enjoy having 50% off of makeup or even a $20 discount at a fancy restaurant?
This also works for a Christmas party at work, when you get someone you rarely talk to as Secret Santa.
Here are some of our favourites:
For those with green thumbs, you could consider getting them a plant to grow like orchids, potted cacti or a bonsai. For those who love flowers, getting them a nice bouquet would also make a good present.
Nothing screams personal other than doing it yourself! You might think that this is more difficult, however, all you have to do is go to your local supermarket to get these easy ingredients and make delicacies and ornaments for your whole family to enjoy!
Dark Chocolate Pecan Toffee
This gift is perfect for chocolate and nut lovers! It only takes 1 hour and 25 minutes to make and provides about 8 to 10 servings.
- 1 cup of unsalted butter cut up
- 1.5 cups of pecan halves
- ¾ cup of granulated sugar
- ¼ cup of a packed light brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3.5-ounce chocolate bar, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon large flaked sea salt (such as Maldon)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a rimmed baking sheet.
- Next, spread pecan halves on a second rimmed baking sheet and toast just until fragrant, 7 to 8 minutes; cool. Arrange 1 cup toasted pecans, flat side down, in a single layer on prepared baking sheet, leaving a 2- to 3-inch border along sides of the baking sheet. Chop remaining 1/2 cup pecans; set aside.
- Combine butter, sugar, salt, vanilla, and 1/4 cup water in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly until mixture reaches 290°F, 18 to 20 minutes. Slowly pour hot caramel mixture over pecans, making sure to fully cover each nut and leaving the 2- to 3-inch border around baking sheet.
- Sprinkle chocolate evenly over toffee; sit until slightly melted. Spread chocolate, in an even layer, with a small rubber scraper or offset spatula. Sprinkle with chopped pecans and sea salt. Let stand 20 minutes, then refrigerate until cool and set, 40 to 45 minutes. Break into small pieces.
- Small stones
- 3 1/2″ x 7″ Canning Jar
- 3 1/2″ x 5 1/4″ terrarium instruction card https://www.witandwhistle.com/Blog_Pics/terrarium_kit_tag.pdf
- A few tablespoons of activated charcoal (available at pet store aquarium section)
- Small ziplock bag
- Put about an inch of small stones in the bottom of a jar.
- Print the instruction card on cardstock and place it in the jar
- Pour a few tablespoons of activated charcoal into a small ziplock bag and put it in the jar as well.
- Tie some twine or ribbon around the jar
Ceramic Tile Coasters
- Coloured photo
- Square tiles
- Foam brush
- Mod Podge
- Clear sealant
- Adhesive felt pads
- Trim your coloured photo to a width of 3.75 inches and a height of 3.25 inches.
- Measure a 0.25-inch border at the top and the sides, and 0.75-inch border at the bottom of the tile.
- Use the foam brush to spread Mod Podge on the back of the image, then position it on the tile and let it dry for 30 minutes.
- Spread Mod Podge over the photo and exposed tile borders and let dry for 1 hour. Repeat 2-3 times.
- Spray with clear sealant and let it dry for 24 hours.
- Paste the adhesive felt pads to the underside corners of the tile.
Recommend0 recommendationsPublished in